Monday, March 16, 2009

I'll Have Some Cheese

With what shall I have the cheese you ask? Any mother can tell you...with the whine. Boo's whining has hit an all time high. I know, you though Boo was a boy, well he is, the whiniest boy the Lord ever made. Don't get me wrong, I love that freckly face, the way he uses air quotes willy nilly, his insistence that he loves me to "infinity + 34", and how he can make Tess-a-Bess giggle at the drop of a dime. But I have no tolerance for whining. Especially if I am having a really long day that warrants my own whining.

After having a lovely morning with some friends in the city on Saturday, I rushed home to take my kids to the Just Irish Enough parade close to our home. Tess-a-Bess was a bit under the weather, but it seemed like a good opportunity to get her some fresh air. Within moments of arriving, despite having 3/4 of his pre-K class in attendance and plenty of room to run around in, Boo started the whining. "I'm thirsty" "I'm hungry" After 15 minutes of watching him pout and listening to him whine, I decided to take the family home. When we got home Boo asked to play outside. Both the hubby and I asked at about the same time, "Can you go to the bathroom before you go out?" Well, apparently, that was the final straw for Boo, the hysterics begin and he starts refusing to go to the bathroom. We calmly tell him that if he doesn't, he can't go outside. Then Boo let out the best line I have heard in a while, "Why do you always have to give me such a hard time!" There was no holding back, I burst out laughing, which means I immediately buried my face in my hands to hide the hysterical laughter. Of course this made him cry harder, and I added one more notch for my MOTY award.

No comments:

Post a Comment