2009 was a banner year. Yes, yes, some serious crap happened to us, but we are living, surviving, thriving, and probably better for it. Often when people ring in the new year, they want to throw last year away and start anew. I, on the other hand, loved last year - my baby turned one, Boo started Kindergarten, Sister suddenly became a little lady instead of a little girl, we took some fun trips (including an awesome trip to NYC with the hubby), and I got an iPhone! Seriously though, throwing away last year would be like throwing away all the wonderful things, even if it meant throwing away some of the crap with it.
That being said, it's time to look forward and begin a new decade. We all make resolutions, but do we all have a whole support group behind us to help us stick to those resolutions? This year, I do. My lovely and dear friend Miss K is organizing a small community of people who want to help each other make a change in 2010. She dubbed it The Plan 2010. You can follow @ThePlan2010 on Twitter.
Let's get down to the nitty gritty, my actual plan:
- Lose these 8+lbs that have been plaguing me for the last year
- Exercise more often
- Run at least four races, one being the Shamrock Shuffle
- Eat healthier, paying attention to portion control
- Take a daily vitamin
- Stop procrastinating so much
- Strive to eliminate clutter and waste
- Stop biting my nails so much (I know, petty, but something to work on)
- Strive to be a better house cleaner
- Be more patient with the kids
- Stop yelling at the kids so much
- Find ways to spend more quality family time together
- Find ways to spend more quality time with the hubby
For me getting things done are all about accountability and support and I am hoping that this year The Plan 2010 will help me make these changes.
3 hours ago