Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Story

Everyday we leave the house at 2:45 to go pick Sister up from school at three. Tess-a-Bess is usually crabby and tired, ready for her afternoon nap. Boo is cranky for having to leave the Wii, Power Rangers, or any other of the million things he could be doing when I drag him kicking and screaming into the car to get his sister. While we drive, we often listen to NPR. The Story http://thestory.org/ is always just wrapping up. I figure Boo is off in his own world, but realized the other day that he must be paying attention. When Dick Gordon gives his sign off, he asks listeners to call in with their stories. I am not really paying attention to this part, until Boo speaks up.

Boo: Mom!! Quick, call I have a story!
Me: A story, call who??
Boo: The guy said if you have a story, you should call them and tell them.
Me: Now, what is your story?
Boo: Ok, so Mrs. Carpenter, Mrs. Carpenter (giggle, giggle, giggle)

Mrs. Carpenter is Boo's incredible lovely teacher.

Me: Yes...Mrs. Carpenter what?
Boo: Mrs. Carpenter went to the bathroom once, and you know what, she had her keys in her pocket, she stood up, and you know what, the keys fell. (giggle, giggle, giggle) And then, you know what, she flushed the toilet, and do you know what happened the keys got flushed. (uproarious laughter ensues)
Me: Well, that is funny, and next time you hear the number tell me it and you can call and tell your story.

I'm hoping Dick gets as much of a kick out of it as I do, but I'm guessing not so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment